[Wine] call openoffice in linux from wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Nov 30 13:38:54 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 12:24 -0600, DaVince wrote:
> Following that logic you're doing this:
> wine /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/abiword
>
> Not much of a difference. [Rolling Eyes]

The closest to that that I could get to run is:

$ wine start /Unix /bin/bash -c /usr/local/bin/national
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100

'start' is needed, otherwise you just get:

$ wine /bin/bash -c /usr/bin/national
wine: could not load L"Z:\\bin\\bash.": Bad EXE format for

and the /Unix flag is needed to avoid this:

$ wine start /bin/bash -c /usr/local/bin/national
err:start:wmain Option 'L"/bin/bash"' not recognized
Start a program, or open a document in the program normally used for
files with that suffix.
Usage:
start [options] program_filename [...]
start [options] document_filename

/M[inimized] Start the program minimized.
/MAX[imized] Start the program maximized.
/R[estored]  Start the program normally (neither minimized nor
maximized).
/W[ait]      Wait for started program to finish, then exit with its exit
code.
/Unix        Use a Unix filename and start the file like windows
explorer.
/L           Show end-user license.

start.exe version 0.2 Copyright (C) 2003, Dan Kegel
Start comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details run with /L option.
under certain conditions; run 'start /L' for details.

Martin