[Wine] Java Virtual Machine Error

onezone wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 30 16:42:36 CST 2009

I am having an issue getting my first Wine application up and running.  I searched the forums and did not see anything regarding my “Java Virtual Machine”  issue.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I am a Wine newbie and relatively new to Linux so don’t hesitate asking the basic things which I may have forgotten.
Thanks in advance.

Environment:
Ubuntu: 9.1 Karmic
Kernal: Linux 2.6.31-15-generic
Gnome: 2.28.1
Wine: 1.1.31-0 Ubuntu3 (wine 1.2)
Java (installed via Wine): Sun-java6 (version 6-15-1)

Issue
I am trying to install software that captures data from a solar thermal controller via COM port (RS232 to USB).  The software is Resol Service Center Full (http://www.resol.de/index/software/sprache/en).  I was able to install the software without any major issues.

When I launch the application, I get the error “Could not create the java virtual machine” with the following details:

“JVM terminated. Exit code=1
C:\windows\system32\javaw.exe
-Xms40m
-Xmx960m
-jar C:\Program Files\RESOL\ServiceCenterFull\eclipse\startup.jar
-os win32
-ws win32
-arch x86
-launcher C:\Program Files \RESOL\ServiceCenterFull\eclipse\eclipse.exe
-name Eclipse
-showsplash 600
-exitdata 18_34
-vm C:\windows\system32\javaw.exe