[Wine] Re: X11 location for wine...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 30 17:29:33 CST 2009

ok.. not sure I entirely understand... not sure if Wine is using it or just checking for its existence...

but I took the libX11.6.dylib file from the machine Wine was built on, and stuck it in the DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH on other machines, or the same machine.... and used X11 in different locations, and it stopped throwing the errors and worked fine... even between x.org and xfree86 installs.. and OSX 10.4 to 10.6 .... so, I'm thinking Wine was just not even attempting to run if it didn't find the file... and it had to the the exact one from the machine it was built on, with the X11 version it was built against.