[Wine] Wine dxdllreg.exe problem

fullyspenged wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 1 16:53:55 CDT 2009

Whenever I start a program, I get this message:

"The program dxdllreg.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. ... "

Code:
speng at spengpc /boot/grub $ wine notepad
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:advapi:SetEntriesInAclA 1 0x33f7e8 (nil) 0x33f830
fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
fixme:dpnhpast:DllRegisterServer :stub
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000000f at address 0x7e8e5437 (thread 0019), starting debugger...

Everything works fine, it's just a bit annoying having that dialog box come up every time.

Using 1.1.30.