[Wine] Installation error - dependencies failed to build

Mr. Pineapple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 2 09:54:21 CDT 2009

I'm not great at this stuff (in fact, I'm pretty terrible) and while looking for a boot camp substitute stumbled across Wine and was using the tutorial found here http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ but keep getting errors during the Wine installation process.

I'm running a Mac with 10.4.11 and macport at the moment if it matters, but I keep getting the same error. I think I know why, but have no idea how to work around it.

The installation worked fine up until this point (following that tutorial as closely as I can) until this happens:

> --->  Computing dependencies for wine
> --->  Building mesa
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_mesa/work/Mesa-7.6" && /usr/bin/make -j2 default INSTALL_DIR=/opt/local CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0 " returned error 2
> Command output: _*gluPartialDisk
> _*gluPerspective
> _*gluPickMatrix
> _*gluProject
> _*gluPwlCurve
> _*gluQuadricCallback
> _*gluQuadricDrawStyle
> _*gluQuadricNormals
> _*gluQuadricOrientation
> _*gluQuadricTexture
> _*gluScaleImage
> _*gluSphere
> _*gluTessBeginContour
> _*gluTessBeginPolygon
> _*gluTessCallback
> _*gluTessEndContour
> _*gluTessEndPolygon
> _*gluTessNormal
> _*gluTessProperty
> _*gluTessVertex
> _*gluUnProject
> _*gluUnProject4
> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> mklib: Installing libGLU.1.3.dylib libGLU.1.dylib libGLU.dylib in ../../../lib
> mv: rename libGLU.1.3.dylib to ../../../lib/libGLU.1.3.dylib: No such file or directory
> make[4]: *** [../../../lib/libGLU.dylib] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [default] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [default] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make: *** [default] Error 1
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: mesa openssl xorg-libXcursor xorg-renderproto xrender xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmodeproto

I have no idea what is causing these errors, whether it's misplaced files or something and can't seem to find a solution anywhere online. It's all getting a bit too technical for me, is there a mac binary that I can download and run or do I still have to run everything through Terminal?

Thanks!