[Wine] wine config problems on Kubuntu 9.04

nadrach wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 2 15:09:07 CDT 2009

A Linux newbie friend is trying Kubuntu 9.04 and wants to experiment with wine. He has tried 1.1.28-29-30 and has two situations reoccuring.

The first is that wine installs such that the KDE4 menu option to browse the C drive is directing at "/home/<user>/Documents/.wine/dosdevices/c:" instead of "/home/<user>/.wine/dosdevices/c:" and we cannot find where to edit this in 9.04. (I am currently staying on 8.04 because of wifi problems with 9.04, so am not yet familiar with 9.04).

The second is that in the dosdevices directory. a link is being set up for "e:: > /dev/sr0". This drive is not listed in the wine configuration "drives" tab, presumably because of the second colon in the link name. Is this correct? If not, what is a safe procedure to rename this link without breaking anything?