[Wine] Arora 0.10.0 (Qt 4.5, QtWebkit) on Wine?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 18:39:44 CDT 2009

Arora is a web browser designed to test QtWebkit. This requires
compiling the latest Qt. Often I find it just doesn't compile cleanly
on my system.

So I thought, I'll try the Windows version (which comes with the Qt
DLLs) on Wine!

Except that doesn't work either. It installs, but the app doesn't run:

fun at tart:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Arora$ ./arora.exe
err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\Arora\\iconengines\\qsvgicon4.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\Arora\\iconengines\\qsvgicon4.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\Arora\\imageformats\\qsvg4.dll") not found
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10036, 0x157588): stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32e0e8
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet

At this point it appears to hang, before displaying a window.

Arora is really pretty minimal, so I'm wondering if this is something
common to Qt 4 apps. Is anyone else running a Qt 4 app in Wine?

- d.