[Wine] New to all of this and need help

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 4 18:41:04 CDT 2009

doh123 wrote:
> vitamin wrote:
>
>> James McKenzie wrote:
>>
>>> Can we make that a sticky since this is starting to come up time and time again?
>>>
>> Isn't all this information already on Wiki? If not, please put it there. I don't have Mac and I don't track any of conversations related to it.
>>

> the problem is the wiki page needs to be re-written, it is NOT very clear, it makes the reader figure out and make a lot of decisions... its because there is not any step by step instructions that will work right on every Mac...
>
> We need someone who makes installs for Mac OS X so people don't have to compile it.... while I technically have the knowledge, not sure what would be the best way to go about it... most Mac users don't like using command line.

doh123, Mike Kronenberg makes his own wine releases.  I have his build
environment, but I'm busy working on a long standing issue with Wine and
have yet to upload one of my builds to a site where everyone else can
get to them.  He also builds on Tiger to ensure maximum compatibility.
I cannot as my Intel based Mac is running Leopard (10.5.8 with XQuartz
2.4.0).

James McKenzie