[Wine] Distance learning DVD install failure

Stuart O'mahony wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 6 12:19:14 CDT 2009

Yes, so i'm trying to install a program from a distance learning DVD, but come up against two error messages. The installer starts up with "wine Install.exe", but I get the following two messages in succession:

"There is no windows program configured to open this type of file."

And then clicking OK:

"Could not execute the external program G:\INST~4Z2\FLAS~LBW.WSF"

Here's what I get at the Linux terminal:

Code:
[stuart at localhost DD306 Entry]$ wine Install.exe
G:\INST~4Z2>assoc .hta=hta_auto_file
.hta=hta_auto_file
G:\INST~4Z2>ftype hta_auto_file="C:\windows\System32\mshta.exe" "%1"
hta_auto_file="C:\windows\System32\mshta.exe" "%1"
G:\INST~4Z2>exit

I'd love to resolve this issue so if anyone knows what the output refers to...