[Wine] Re: counter-strike 1.6 doesn't even start #2

-error wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 8 01:14:03 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> -error wrote:
> > it helped to some extent. at least now i have CS window, which quite immediately locks up with this messages in console
>
> Make sure you have working sound (Wine doesn't work well with pulseaudio).
> Also disable steam in-game community.

audio is working nicely in DE (KDE 4.3.2), in amarok and in native games. also i have audio in winecfg applet and in "Zuma's Revenge" under wine.

pulseaudio was eliminated during my fights with flash plug-in and QL audio issues. "steam in-game community" is also disabled (at least the check-box is unchecked in steam client).

PS. once again, i'm running openSUSE 11.1 x86_64, wine 1.1.30, ati fgrlrx 8.65 (or 9.9)