[Wine] Re: wine requires pulse?

Rico wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 8 14:30:31 CDT 2009

tparker wrote:
> I am trying to remove all traces of pulseaudio from my install in an
> attempt to get working sound. When I try to remove
> wine-pulseaudio-1.1.29-1.fc11 (i586) it tells me that wine is a
> dependency and it will be removed as well.
>
> The description of that package says that it is not an official wine
> audio driver, I am confused as to how it was even installed if not as
> part of wine. I am left with several questions trying to figure out how
> to proceed:
>
> So if I go ahead and remove that and it takes wine with it - will I just
> get it back again when I reinstall wine? The repository install of wine
> does not show it as something required to add in when installing wine,
> does that mean it is built into the wine package?

Probably you should read the description of the wine meta package which would be removed.
"In Fedora wine is a meta-package which will install everything needed for wine to work smoothly. Smaller setups can be achieved by installing some of the wine-* sub packages."

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-2e99ab665e3b15d1880eff2bcbb640b2d5839586