[Wine] Wine "desktop integration" folder mappings

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 9 17:16:53 CDT 2009

I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with.

When Wine creates a prefix, it seems to map for you My Documents and My Music and such on Mac OS X over to Documents ... etc.... which is nice.  You can also manually map these in Winecfg

My problem is that I want to figure out how I can go about telling Wine to do this again for an already established wineprefix/bottle...

is there some simple command you can give that sets this up, and maybe makes the Users folder in drive_c for you?

If not, where in the reg files is this information stored?  I could write a custom program that find all this info and generates a .reg file and imports it into the wine registry automatically.

I need this because it helps for some programs when making a wine based portable program moving from computer to computer under different users... and I want to make it automatically set up these links and not have to manually do it in winecfg on every machine that runs it... its a feature I'm looking to add into Wineskin (http://wiki.winehq.org/Wineskin)... and I'm figuring out and making everything up as I go  :-)