[Wine] Roll my own RPM?

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Fri Oct 9 20:46:38 CDT 2009

> Man I have looked all over the web.  The best I can find is Mike
> Harris' site: http://www.linux.org.uk/~mharris/pub/el/5/i686/
>
> I was hoping of someone that knew of a script that wrapped
> around the install and created an RPM for me.  I have to have
> to compile it over and over ....

Grab the source RPM (src.rpm files), setup a build environment and
install it, then modify the .spec file to your heart's content and
rebuild:

   http://www.linux.org.uk/~mharris/pub/el/5/SRPMS/

The rpm.org folks provide a guide:

   http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-build.html

It should be relatively straightforward, but if you hit any roadblocks
you might get more help on an RPM-building-specific list/forum. -r