[Wine] Re: Irfanview in Karmic (beta) - Installs but won't run.

Sven wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 10 17:53:35 CDT 2009

jorl17 wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > emarkay wrote:

> > > Hmm, not a Ubuntu user, eh?
> >
> > No and not planning on being one any time soon. This still doesn't answer the question what Wine version? There are no such versions as "wine 1.2" or "1.13".
>

> According to the link, what happens is that the Ubuntu guys name their package Wine 1.2 (since that's the next stable version). However, what is packaged is 1.1.3 (or so it seems). I actually think this makes sense and avoids noob-confusion, but that's my opinion.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jorl17

Or they come here to find out we only have 'older' versions of wine on this site, and always use the Ubuntu package. Or maybe they even have to adjust the repository, because the package manager would think 1.2 is the newest, and not the current beta. So I think it makes no sense at all. But this is a bit off-topic...