[Wine] Re: 1.1.30 compile crash, Mac OS X

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 11 15:49:11 CDT 2009

Ken Thomases wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2009, at 5:26 PM, doh123 wrote:
>

> > for the record, this compile problem still happens on 1.1.31 ....
> > OpenAL problems...
> >
> > I'm not sure what it is because some people I've talked to on both
> > Leopard and Snow Leopard do NOT have this error and it works fine...
> >

> You're compiling from source manually, right?  (Not using MacPorts or
> the like.)
>
> Have you tried a "make clean" or otherwise tried building in a clean
> source tree?
>
> -Ken

I download the source code from here.. put it in its own folder... do the configure, make depend, make and make install... and it works fine.  I always start basically with a clean source from a fresh download.  up through 1.1.29 never had a problem.

I'm guessing something on my machine could be screwed up with OpenAL, its an old old box, that was originally 10.4 then upgraded to 10.5 and been running for getting close to 4 years... its an original Macbook Pro, the first ever Intel, and it hasn't had a clean OS install since it came from the factory... but I haven't had any other issues, but not sure if I really have ever used anything that uses OpenAL before.