[Wine] Invisible text in cmd

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Oct 13 13:30:01 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 13:01, djch <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm new to wine (1.1.29), and I want to run borland C 4.5 to build a DOS app.

Wine's DOS support is not very good... Dosbox might work better....
(Assuming that Borland C is a DOS program...)

> When I run wineconsole cmd, I can see the flashing cursor, a black window, but no text. Right click gives the font window fine - example is correct, but output remains black

Very strange, My sidux box does the same...

wineconsole --backend=curses seem to be a workaround...

Also: You don't need wineconsole for command-line apps, just for
full-screen stuff.

WINEDEBUG=+wineconsole wineconsole cmd
 gives some output that might be useful (to someone that know
wineconsole, which is not me...)

Note: Changing the font / colors does not have an effect.

Gert