[Wine] no game seems to work with wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 14 10:11:47 CDT 2009

StarCraftMaster:

>The card can play far cry 1 on medium graphics ,its not that bad.
>A lot of cards dont support directx 9(graphics not drivers and meaning older
>cards).
>Also lot of people still haver older cards, therefore wine is quite useless if
>it don't support older cards as most people get older(from freinds or family)
>computers and install linux insted of buying windows.

A card that does not support DirectX9 or DirectX 10 is considered by most gamers useless.  They decide to 'upgrade' and do so.  Newer cards that support both of these are not that expensive and actually make the older games play better.

>also the card does support Z-buffer

This is unusual.

I also noticed that you are using very old drivers which may or may not work with Wine very well.

The key is to upgrade the card and drivers.

James McKenzie