[Wine] Requirements for running Wine on Fedora 11

srednausab wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 15 15:37:13 CDT 2009

I'm looking to start Wine on my Fedora 11 box but I had a question (or two) that someone might know the answer to (which I couldn't find in the FAQ)

Does Wine require X11 (/usr/bin/X) server to be running?

Is it possible to start Wine so that it does not need to have an X display set up?  If so, how do I do it?

I ask this because I have a Windows program (I didn't write it and I don't have the source) for monitoring data which I'd like to start at bootup.  It doesn't require any user input and just sits in the background.

Thanx in advance,

-- Barry