[Wine] Re: Apple should help wine

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 16 17:03:06 CDT 2009

fernandocarvalho wrote:
> We need to join efforts to make wine the better and put an end to Redmont's Giant monopoly

That's the kind of thing that comes out of an irrational moment.Think about it. I personally hate Microsoft but I think that their existence is important to the world. Sure we need to cutdown their monopoly, but that doesn't mean we have to "join efforts to fight the evil cannibal lord".

What's wrong with it existing if we don't use its products? Is it the fact that the app vendors only make products for their OS? If Microsoft really went away we'd direct our hatred and frustration towards someone else -- that's the way we were built.

Wine isn't a Microsoft-destroyer project. It is much more than what anyone can imagine -- It's impressive, it's a true work of art.