[Wine] Re: CounterStrike 1.6 on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic freezes on startup

strAlan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 16 19:15:31 CDT 2009

Update - if you run CS w/o the propritary driver installed, and thus Karmic will revert back to the open-source Radeon driver, CS will work. Unfortunately it's very choppy and slow and I was able to get into CS to change video settings to "Software" and "D3D" but "Software" is very rough cartoon-like and D3D was just plain slow I re-installed the proprietary driver hoping "hey I got CS to work and switch to the proper resolution so maybe that'll help" but it still freezes

So, this doesn't appear to be a Wine issue, but if you have any insight I welcome your suggestions.