[Wine] Installing IE in custom "Wine-prefixes"

Monsieur_Smith wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 17 08:13:50 CDT 2009

Greetings,

Not a very experienced Wine user, I'm trying to install some software in a non-default directory ("env WINEPREFIX=/a/specific/path wine ..."), but the thing is, IE5 is required. Is there a way to install in that directory the same "IE-like" browser which runs in the default Wine context ?

(I tried Ies4linux, but installing IE5 or 5.5 that way seems to be broken)

Any enlightenment will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Best regards