[Wine] XInput 2 for Wine - now X11R7.5 is at release candidate...

aoanla wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 18 05:14:23 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I recall, around when XInput 2 was first being discussed as imminent (and, due to the nature of the X release process, turned out not to be), some initial work was done on implementing "proper" relative mouse movement using it.

I can't seem to find any record of it after the first implementation was thrown out to the dev list, however.

Since Xserver 1.7 is now out, and X11R7.5 is at RC1 as of today, it seems an appropriate time to ask what's happened with this promising course of development - we can assume that any linux distro due for release in November or later will include 1.7 (and hence Xinput 2), and it would be lovely if Wine could finally (on such supported systems) resolve most of the mouse capture niggles it has using Xinput 1.