[Wine] Ragnarok under Wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 13:47:00 CDT 2009

Broly_Z wrote:
> Good Morning!
>
> I've installed Ragnarok (kRo) under wine in OSX (Snow Leopard); im currently using wine 1.1.31 and cannot get it to connect to a private server.
>
> I've used already wine to run kRo under ubuntu and the problem was that wine can't "read well" the sclientinfo.xml and a IPTABLES command should be used to get it to connect (An ip forward).
>
> So, there is something like that for wine in OSX?

Yes, there is a firewall command that is used with OSX.  Ryan Woodsall
told you about it.  There is also a graphical interface under Apple ->
System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall.  You will have to know the
port # and type for EACH program you want to have access to the
Internet.  I DO NOT suggest turning off the firewall unless you are on a
private network or have another device that functions as the firewall
for your network (router/firewall combos are NOT secure enough unless
they are of the Cisco 6500 series FWM blade card.)'

Now go fix your firewall and let us know what happened.

James McKenzie