[Wine] Prince of Persia Warrior within CRASHES with wine

bozo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 19 04:17:26 CDT 2009

Hi everyone.

I am new to Linux ubuntu 9.10 , and i'm experiencing problems with wine trying getting "POP Warrior within" to be playable.

I have narrowed my problems in that wine does not "see" my audio driver at   all.Running "winecfg" in terminal,and after clicking in the audio tab pops out a window saying that there is currently no audio driver in the registry..???

I have very good sound while playing mp3 with Totem, and or watch movies with Moovida.So , practically this is not true..

I have tried almost everything i found in various workarounds but nothing helped. Any more ideas????please

P.S. Do you think that  if i created an NTFS partition on my hard drive perhaps that will resolve the issue? Currently there is only one partition now 250gb in ext3 , and a small "swap" partition.