[Wine] Wine reporting wrong amount of free space (Steam)

BCable wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 19 10:00:18 CDT 2009

I am having problems with Steam thinking my free space is less than it actually is.

My partitions are set up as follows:
/dev/sda5 (/) 1.7GB free
/dev/sda1 (/vault) 99GB free

Steam is installed in /vault/games/wine/steam.  When I try to install a game from Steam, it says I only have 1.7GB free and that I need to clear out space.  It should be reporting 99GB free.

I also noticed the following:

Code:

grml at dalek:~$ winepath /vault/wine/steam
/home/grml/.wine/dosdevices/z:/vault/wine/steam

Is there any way to get wine to report the right free space?

Thanks!
-Brad