[Wine] Re: Flight training software install error-VSOCX32.OCX

Robertt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 19 23:52:37 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> You could try installing native dcom (winetricks dcom98). But be warned this usually breaks more then it fixes in new Wine versions.

I installed winetricks dcom98 and got the same runtime error. I uninstalled "ground school" and got numerous new problems reinstalling it, so I reinstalled wine to eliminate any potential problems dcom98 my have created.

I now have a clean install of wine 1.1.31
No winetricks installed
My program "ground school" (http://www.dauntless-soft.com/downloads/GSCommercialPilotInstall.exe) installed, but giving the run time error when I attempt to run it.

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object