[Wine] Re: How many cpus can WINE use?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 20 23:21:44 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> in Linux, threads == processes.

Eh? It was the case in 2.4.x kernels and older. Not anymore.  Read up on POSIX threads (pthreads). That's what Wine is using.

DiscusZ wrote:

> what I am wondering is Vue's Rendercow program i do have it running under wine, but can not tell how many cores its using

Simplest way program "top". Or any other "system monitors".

They can show you how much CPU each process uses. Most will show all CPUs/cores as 100%. So if you have 4 CPUs/cores and you see CPU load of your program above 25% then it's using multiple cores.