[Wine] DTR/DTS Problem - N1MM Contest Logger

OE6MAF wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 22 10:57:15 CDT 2009

Hello,

We're testing a serial device communication in N1MM Contest Logger that uses DTR/DTS hardware flow control on Wine.
While testing the driver running winedbg everything worked, not so when we ran the program directly from Wine.
We've tested it by putting data scope hardware on the serial line. It seems that the DTR/DTS signal was not being caught by the computer and therefore the computer was sending info over the serial port when the device was not ready. We've read on the net that the Linux kernel does not implement DTR/DTS but only RTS/CTS hardware flow control. However, while searching on net we've found a several available patches, to allow arbitrary serial status lines to be used for hardware handshake, which could solve an existing problem. There are:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/9/12/340
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/12/10/49
http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/7/76
These patches are mainly useful for DTR/DSR handshake. We would like to ask you to implement it into Wine 1.1.30, or another revision 1.1.31 etc., based on the source code provided above. As we know, this problem still not yet solved since 25 Jul 2002, see link below: http://kerneltraffic.osmirror.nl/wine/wn20020726_130.html submitted by Brian Vincent. The patch should be applied to wine/dlls/ntdll/serial.c
We did some internal tests to check, if this patch could solve the problem for N1MM Contest Logger program. As result we can confirm, it does.

Best regards,
Mikhail Zavyalov, OE6MAF
Andreas Gruber