[Wine] Steam.exe (main exception) CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized)

Wolvenreign wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 22 12:19:49 CDT 2009

So I'm trying to run Steam, and with it, Team Fortress 2 in 1.0.1 WINE. It worked the first couple of times, but each one ending with a very quick, infuriating random quit/freeze. (What on Earth would logically cause that, anyway?) So I reset the computer for the third time and start booting up PlayOnLinux so I can start Steam. WHen I try to run Steam, an error message pops up that says "Steam.exe (main exception) CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized): Bad Field - extends past end of blob.