[Wine] Re: Running .NET 3.5 SP1 application?

foxtrot wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 22 15:30:45 CDT 2009

Ok, both WIC and XPSEPSC installed fine with 1.1.27, so I installed 3.0 SP1. Now the only thing left is 3.5 SP1, in the how-to it tells me to run dotnetfx35setup.exe but I already have the full package and this setup wants to download all the stuff again.

So I cabextracted the full package and I run the netfx35_x86.exe, but it doesn't run, it says: "please run setup.exe" and quits.

Is it possible to install 3.5 SP1 without downloading 230 MB again? And another thing I don't understand is that it tells me in order to install the package I need to have 6 GBs of free space. Is it really necessary, because IIRC these installations didn't use to take that much of space in windows. I don't have that much of ext3 space left either.