[Wine] Re: VB6 ADO Access and WINE

samir_otiv wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 23 09:04:16 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
I have a VB6 program with an Access 2000 database, and I had gotten it working under wine once upon a time, but now I just downloaded Kronenberg's 1.1.31 Build and I just CAN'T get it to work. I've tried putting MDAC 2.5, VB6 Runtime, Common Controls and even IE6 only bcoz I read the name of some IE DLL as a dependancy somewhere. I've Googled a lot on this but everyone seems to be telling me just to install MDAC, and it doesn't seem to be working.

The error that shows up is:

Runtime Error '3706'
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed

Panthe could you plz tell me all that you installed using winetricks, and whatever else u did?

Everyone else also plz tell me..

Thanks,
Samir.