[Wine] Re: Can't get Band-in-a-Box to run

Radissthor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 25 19:23:01 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> That looks as though the install didn't complete correctly.
>
> bbw.exe seems to be the first section of a self-extracting multi-section
> zip archive. What else is in the /home/hernan/.wine/dosdevices/c:/bb
> directory?
>
> How does that compare with the contents of the installation disk?
>

> I thought multi-volume zip archives had gone out with the ark since I
> last saw them when applications were supplied on a stack of floppies,
> one per disk. IIRC they used to install OK if you put them all in the
> same directory and then ran the first one. Again IIRC only the first had
> a .EXE extension and sections 2 onward had similar names to the first
> section, but numbered so you could tell which was which. If they are all
> together on the CD you should be able to run something like:
>
> cd /home/hernan/.wine/dosdevices/c:
> wine /media/cdrom/bbw.exe
>
> That assumes that the CD is mounted on /media/cdrom and that the zip
> archive sections are in the root directory of the CD. If the CD is
> mounted somewhere else and/or the archive isn't in its root directory,
> change the second line accordingly.
>

> Martin

I don't know if I understood correctly, but the CD IS mounted on media/cdrom
Inside the CD there are two folders, one named Band in a box 2008 and the other one contains a patch (don't know if that's the correct word, but like an add-on) to run the program in Spanish. The later I haven't touched. When you open the Band in a box folder, there's only 1 file that's called Band in a box.exe
When you right click it to open it with Wine, the setup has like 10 different programs that apparently go with BIAB (master blues, jazz solos, etc..) Some folders get installed in C:/bb and other in C:/Program Archives

Any clue on what's going on?