[Wine] Re: Wine 64 bits relying on 32 bit opengl implementation

qdii wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 27 11:26:44 CDT 2009

vitamin : I'm not sure what you mean with "you can't". My idea was that Wine was "reading" a PE file, and handling Windows answers to its calls. If I'm right, Wine should be able to use 64-bit OpenGL no ?

But maybe your "you can't" simply says that : I can't, because Wine hasn't been conceived this way. Then this is my other question :
- is it possible to have a true 64-bit wine ( compiled with -m64 ) ?
- if yes, why not make it call 64-bit library ?

I'd tend to find this a normal behaviour, rather than Wine-64-bit being a 32-bit application running in a 64-bit environment.