[Wine] Cannot instal office 2003 service pack 3

freebooter wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 27 17:32:17 CDT 2009

I am running ubuntu 9.04 and wine 1.1.32. I have installed office 2003 pro typical install and it runs. I have tried installing sp3 but it fails. The installer runs, shows the user agreement, extracts the patch and comes up with a message saying 'the update cannot be applied'.

I have searched the forums and found a couple of similar posts but no resolution. There are a couple of bug reports on the issue which indicate it has been fixed. One suggested that the 2003 cd needed to be in but I have tried that.

One line from the log is
err:msi:ready_media Cabinet not found: L"C:\\windows\\Installer\\L2561403.CAB"

The cab file referenced is on the install cd which was in the drive.