[Wine] Re: debug log.txt

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Oct 27 23:53:34 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:

> Code:
> $ se & >x.txt

You have an extra space between "&" and ">". Drop it and see what happens.

And just in case you didn't look at 'man bash', here's the part you should have looked for:

flyfisherman wrote:
> "c:\program files\sierra\fear\fear.exe" >log.txt 2>errlog.txt gives me an empty log.txt file. errlog.txt gives me data but i don't know what to do with it. from my terminal, not the wine console i get this after executing the command in wine console

Make sure Wine is not running (run "wineserver -k"). Then run your game. If it still crashes, try with new wineprefix (or rename ~/.wine directory) and reinstall the game. See AppDB for any HOWTOs related to the program you are running