[Wine] Re: Torchlight

CeePhour wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 28 08:58:18 CDT 2009

floxyz wrote:
> I did now everything mentioned in this thread but I have big problem. When I start Torchlight, freshly installed just with the settings.txt, it freezes after some time the whole system (fedora 11, GNOME). I have to restart my laptop, there is nothing else I can do. So what do you recommend to try?

Is it a handful of minutes, or many hours? Users on the Runic Games forum are complaining about diminished performance over time, so much so that they are restarting the game after 20 minutes
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1634&p=23322

Last night I played for a good 3 hours and only noticed a split-second hiccup when large groups of enemies popped on screen (>15 ?) at once. I do have some frame tearing, but framerate (whatever it is) appeared to maintain steady otherwise (even when fighting large groups of enemies with tons of effects).

Shadows: High
Particle Detail: High
Resolution: 1600x1024
Antialiasing: OFF