[Wine] Bentley Microstation V8i - Unable to install app

paulov wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 30 17:16:48 CDT 2009

Hi!

I've been trying to install Microstation V8i, wich is for me the best multipurpouse CAD in the world , far better that Autocad, I've spent some hours doing several tests. The only way I found was with a virtual box emulation but with low performance, but would rock if I could  run it natively.

The  installation of Microstation v8i is divided in two parts.

1) prerequisite pack installlation

2) program installation

The prerequisite pack installation crashes and does not start to install.
Without the prerequisites installed, the aplication wont run.
I created an application entry with more dtails  in the appdb:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18093

you can freely download the prerequisite packs from the link in the database entry. They're from  microstation reseller.

I first thought that the problem was the net 3.5 but as you'll see the older prerequisite packs install the following elements: These are from previous XM version. Still a cool version.
    * Windows Installer 3.1v2
    * Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, .NET service packy a hot fixy
    * DirectX 9c
    * MSXML 4 with Service Pack 2
    * VBA 6.4

I installed via winetricks Dx9, MSXML4 & NET1&2 BUT didnt work.

When I run these prerequisite packs, they're unziped in the "virtual" windows C. And from there I launch the setup.exe. It starts to ru but sudendly  vanishes.
I ran the process using the console but didnt saw any interesting. I tried this to run with Crosover and also did not work.

I would please ask to someone to help me to see what is going wrong

Thaks in advance.