[Wine] Setting the current thread in winedbg

torenware wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 1 01:10:55 CDT 2009

I'm new here, but have spent a lot of time around debuggers and Linux.

I tried to get the  iTunes 8.2 installer to work on Ubuntu 8.10, which runs Wine 1.0.1.  It hangs in a windows critical section while displaying "Installing Bonjour...".  i can't find a similar bug in the bug base, so I've logged #19900.

I figured I'd try debugging it myself, so I started the app with

Code:
winedbg iTunesSetup.exe

This works (once I figured out that 'cont' does what 'run' does on gdb IIRC), and it hangs in the same place.

I can figure out how to get a list of threads (info threads), but not how to set the current thread.   The front thread is the stuck mutex, which tells me nothing I didn't know before.

I've read the man page and looked at the wiki, but didn't see anything on-point.  How do I move from thread to thread in winedbg?