[Wine] Loading iTunes

Scunnered wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 1 11:01:00 CDT 2009

I am informed that it is possible to load iTunes in Wine using Ubuntu 9.04 but am experiencing problems.

In Ubuntu I downloaded the Wine package via Synaptic which duly displayed in my applications menu.  Having achieved that I then loaded iTunes the version for XP and Vista.  When I attempt to open the iTunes it is then that I hit problems.

The iTunes .exe file is now on my desktop.  On opening the C drive in Wine there are two folders none of which seem to meet my needs so I copied the iTunes over to it.  Attempting to open this ended up with an error message:

"[/home/ian/Desktop/iTunesSetup.exe]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/ian/Desktop/iTunesSetup.exe or
          /home/ian/Desktop/iTunesSetup.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/ian/Desktop/iTunesSetup.exe.ZIP, period."

Obviously I am getting things wrong somewhere.  Can you please advise me where I am going wrong?

Thanking you in anticipation