[Wine] Trying to get started

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Sep 1 21:03:46 CDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 09:40 PM, Gulfvet91 wrote:
> I saw a file named Start.exe, double-clicked it and got the following from Archive Manager:

Go to the .exe for the program you want to run through wine. Right click
on the .exe and in the menu it gives you there should be an option for
"open with wine windows program loader" or something similar. Try that
and see what happens.

If you get any errors that way search for the program name at
http://appdb.winehq.org/ and follow any instructions there for getting
the program to work.

If you still get errors post here again and include what program you are
trying to use, what version of wine you are using, your video card type
and driver version, what distribution of linux you are using, and what
the problem/error messages are. Good luck!