[Wine] Re: Sid Meier's Pirates! crashes consistently - Part II

peyre wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 1 21:54:23 CDT 2009

Oh shoot!  That would make sense.  Ok, I deactivated it in Hardware Drivers, then I went to the command line and entered "sudo apt-get remove nvidia*", if I remember right.  Then I rebooted, reinstalled EnvyNG, installed and reactivated.  Still no go.  But parts of it came back faster than it seems like they should have.  Maybe I should have done something more like this?
sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia*
sudo rm /etc/init.d/nvidia*
sudo update-rc.d nvidia-kernel remove

Sorry, I'm still kind of a noob at the technical details when dealing with tricky drivers.

In case it helps, here's my xorg.conf:

Code:
Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"