[Wine] Locking up on Mac OSX when trying to run Game Maker games

dustmop wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 2 00:40:42 CDT 2009

My computer, a recent MacBook running 10.5.8, locks up when I'm trying to run games made in Game Maker, such as seiklus (http://autofish.net/clysm/art/video_games/seiklus/) or spelunky (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=4017.0). I can't find any helpful errors in the command line output, here's a sample run of seiklus:

fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound not implemented
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
err:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Invalid nVidia version string: "2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.48"
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 16 vertex samplers and 16 total samplers
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected vertex samplers + MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f6dc,0x00000000), stub!

By locking up I mean no response from either mouse or keyboard input. The mouse still moves, but clicks don't affect anything neither does hovering. I need to do a hard reset of the machine.

My original setup was wine installed from macport, x11 from apple. Nothing I've tried so far has worked - I switched x.org's x11 for Apple's x11.app, I dried running in "Emulate Desktop" mode, tried turning on audio emulation, and tried setting DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib. Other apps, such as solitaire (sol.exe), work just fine.

I would like to try debugging this but don't even know where to begin. Any ideas?[/url]