[Wine] No font in my app

zeder59 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 2 10:08:49 CDT 2009

Hello,

I try to run Mudbox 2010 (trial version) on wine.
I'm under openSuse11.1- 64 bits - Gnome.
My video card is an NVIDIA 9600M GT with Nvidia proprietary drivers.

The soft is launching correctly and all 3D stuff seems to work, but I va absolutely no text at all displayed in menu and buttons.

I read the point 6.16. of the FAQ  "Wine displays corrupted or missing text"

> This may be bug 16146, caused by the nvidia-96xx legacy driver. It could also be caused by font conflicts, or adding new fonts to Wine.
>
> Try using a fresh Wine prefix (by moving or deleting ~/.wine, or changing the $WINEPREFIX environment variable). If you still have this problem, try setting the following in the Wine registry:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver]
> "ClientSideWithRender"="N"
>
> Place above in a text file called norender.txt and it can be inserted into the registry with the command regedit norender.txt.
>
> Please apply only as required. (This was reported as being required of OS X on the 1 Dec 2007, and more recently on other platforms, such as Ubuntu.)

- I added the settings in registry
- I tried to remove  ~/.wine folder and reinstall
- I've installed fontcores with wine tricks
- I've installed the last release of Wine (installation has been done two days ago)

Please help me!!! I need this soft!

Thank you for your support!

Z.