[Wine] MAC OS X compile -> 'OpenGL development headers not found'

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Thu Sep 3 00:13:54 CDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 12:05 AM, raziel2001au wrote:

> I want to compile and start using Wine on my Mac, but I'm getting
> the following message from ./configure:
> configure: WARNING: OpenGL development headers not found.
> OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported.
>
> Since I want OpenGL and Direct3D working, this is a bit of a
> problem. My system is not configured funny or anything. It is a
> clean system running Mac OS X Snow Leopard with a freshly installed
> copy of XCode 3.2... I didn't fiddle with environment variables or
> anything else, so my setup is quite ordinary.
>
> Is it Snow Leopard or XCode 3.2 at fault? I checked the FAQ and
> various notes on the site, I also tried the google custom search on
> here, but no solutions :(.
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this?

There are a lot of prereqs to compiling on OS X.  Snow Leopard is new
enough that you probably won't have a ton of luck.  I have 1.1.29
working on my MacBook with Snow Leopard, with OpenGL working.
Direct3D is another matter - haven't had enough time to work that out
yet.  I have an Intel X3100 graphics card; the newer Nvidia-based
machines might fare better.

Are you setting any LDFLAGS, or explicitly setting CC/CXX?  To force
32-bit, I'm using:

   gcc -arch i386 -m32

for my compiler flags; to set a few linker flags, I'm using:

   -framework CoreServices -lz -L/usr/X11/lib -lGL -lGLU

YMMV, of course.  OpenGL shouldn't be an issue, though.

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor