[Wine] Anyone?: got Altera Quartus II version 9 SP 2 working?

2Old4Problems wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 3 06:48:00 CDT 2009

Hello All,

I'm new to Wine and this forum so please be gentle.

I'm trying to run the freely available web version of Altera Questus II Version 9 sp2 in Ubuntu linux, unfortunately without any luck.
I can install and run quartus.exe.
However if I make a project and press "compile" I get a error:
_______________________________
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: quartus.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
The console says something about:
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
wine: Unhandled exception 0x40000015 at address 0x7edc0023:0x7857bb47 (thread 0009), starting debugger...

I tried to install winetricks: vcrun6, vcrun2008,vcrun2008sp1, fontfix, cygwin but no luck.

I know this debug information is very poor, but I first like to hear if anyone has had the same problems with this software.
I using:
Ubuntu: Release 9.04 (jaunty), kernel Linux 2.6.28-15-generic, Gnome 2.26.1. Wine version 1.1.28

Thanks and regards, Robert.