[Wine] MAC OS X compile -> 'OpenGL development headers not found

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Sat Sep 5 16:04:14 CDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 3:38 PM, clone2727 wrote:

> It's not just a Snow Leopard problem; I'm having the same problem in
> Leopard 10.5.7 (the failing to load OpenGL). I didn't have a problem
> linking with OpenGL, however.

You *MUST* set DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH to include at least /usr/X11/
lib if you're using Xquartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/) on 10.5/
Leopard or the default X11.app in 10.6/Snow Leopard.  The X11.app in
10.6 is based on Xquartz, and includes OpenGL bits that are
essentially wrappers around the system OpenGL frameworks.

Please see the MacPorts or Fink package descriptors for Wine.  I know
for a fact that the "wine-devel" package in MacPorts is at version
1.1.29 and wraps wine in a script that sets a MacPorts-specific
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.

See http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=6044 for a bit more info.
Would it be possible for folks to pick *one* thread on OS X/Snow
Leopard and stick with it?

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com