[Wine] MAC OS X compile -> 'OpenGL development headers not found

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Sat Sep 5 16:05:07 CDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Gert van den Berg wrote:

> Doesn't the CPU in the MacBook affect the default architecture? (The
> first intel MAcs had 32bit Core Duo CPUs) (It might be that it cause a
> different gcc to run (or different code path, not sure how "fat"
> binaries / universal applications work..))

Yes Gert, that is likely at least part of the difference.  The first
Intel Macs had Core Solo/Duo processors which are 32-bit only.
There's also the question of the compiler in use; Snow Leopard comes
with GCC 4.2 and 4.0.  GCC 4.2, the Snow Leopard default, appears to
output whatever architecture you're running on; as I'm on 64-bit
capable procs, that's what I'm seeing.  GCC 4.0 appears to output the
"base" arch - i.e., 32-bit code that will run on everything.

I only have access to Core 2 Duo machines - one Mac Mini, one MacBook
- both having Intel graphics.  information on proc and GCC outputs
below, both showing the default 64-bit output of 4.2 on my Core 2 Duo
machines, and the 4.0 32-bit output on same.

If you want universal/fat binaries, you really have to specify them
via compiler options:

  gcc -arch i386 -arch x86_64 ...

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com