[Wine] WINE configuration GUI too big for windowed desktop

kituna wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 7 02:26:41 CDT 2009

Hi. I'm a total newbie when it comes to WINE. just installed it yesterday to get my Fallout 2 action on (which is working swimmingly).

However, I'm coming across a problem, in that I can't actually reach the "apply" or "OK" or "Cancel" buttons on the WINE configuration tabs anymore. I don't exactly know how this happened, but I think it might have something to do with WINE running in 640X480 resolution, and the "Emulate Virtual Desktop" has been flagged. I did this to get Fallout 2 to work. Which it does.

but the problem is that I now can't configure WINE to run other things (hopefully once I've got this solved, I'm going to have a crack at MtG:O)

I would like to point out that I went through the FAQ and the WINE known issues pages, but didn't have any luck. I thought the problem might have been:

"Wine's windows and fonts are extremely large, and the winecfg window doesn't fit on the screen." in the FAQ, but I'm not sure that's the case. The font size is the smallest it can possibly be, 96.

I'd rather NOT reinstall WINE if I can avoid it, because then I have to go through the process of reinstalling Fallout 2 and everything else. Thus I have turned to this forum. I sincerely hope someone can help.

If my description is inadequate, here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

[Image: http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs256.snc1/10328_101316709885508_100000215396501_38489_6526104_n.jpg ]

thanks for any and all suggestions.