[Wine] Can only use Guest Mode - Normal user shows only desktop BG

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Sep 8 12:19:49 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 11:49 -0500, saronn wrote:
> ALSO I CANNOT disable the PPA's because I have NO ADMINISTRATIVE POWER
> in Guest Mode. I can't do ANYTHING to the computer.

Have you got another computer on your network?

If so, and it has the ssh client installed (Linux) or PuttY (Windows),
can you log in to your wrecked user or to root from it?

What about using VNC from the second computer? If you can login via ssh,
start the vncserver. Your second computer's web browser should then be
able to start a remote desktop via VNC.

If either of these works, log in as root and try setting up an
additional user via the remote login or VNC session and see if you can
login to that from the affected computers' console.

Martin