[Wine] Wine Headache!

tacaba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 8 15:01:22 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I`m going to start my new post with my dismay at wine, i have been running Ubuntu 9.04 for at least 6 mths now and i am very happy with moving away from Bill, but like many regular windows users i love playing my games, and as all we Linux/Ubuntu/Unix users know all CD-ROMS/DVD-ROMS are all attached to Bill, now this is where my life gets difficult! :? i for the very life of me cannot get any of my games to function now ive checked my PC for memory and increased my RAM to nearly 1GB as i was only using 256MB before not good! and the next step was my graphics card and all is well as i know, right!, next i have tried to run a very old game called dungeon keeper 2 which is one of my favs yes its old but funny, does not need alot of hardware or RAM now ive had this game running on my machine before but it use to crash at random times sometimes i would get a couple of hours whoopeeee! sometimes 10 mins  [Crying or Very sad] and i ran that in wine {don`t know what version, was`nt long ago though} now i`m trying to play Settlers The Heritage Of Kings, it installs it runs but it does not play i get to the game menu, you know where it says campaign, load game etc sound is great, screen is great getting excited :D and as soon as i get to the loading screen it boots me back to my desktop [Shocked]  :x i`ve done a system check on the game and the game says i have all the right stuff but no go! checked the sound card checked the drivers checked the direct X checked the graphics cannot get it to work, please if your reading this i need help, is it me? or is it my PC?, or is it Wine?, don`t want to go back to Bill! :(